SolydXK

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Support



This section is strictly for support for the live wallpapers and other apps.
Please let me know if you have any issues.
What would help is knowing the following:
Your phone (what make, model, and which android OS it uses)
What the issue is (Is it causing force close, freezing, not layout properly for your screen resolution etc)
I need to know these things to know what to look for to fix things and I appreciate any input.
Thank you
Sam

I'll be depreciating some old live wallpapers soon, I already took off some demos but the sale ones will be left up for those with older phones, I will still be here for support on these, but these were written for older phones and some newer phones have issues with them as does some tablets, in view of this, I'll be rewriting new live wallpapers in the future, strictly in opengl to make them easy on the cpu and more compatible with newer phones, I will also be creating totally new artwork for these also, so they will be totally new live wallpapers, I have some ideas to make them better (hopefully) more appealing, faster, with less lag and battery use and easier on the cpu and the difference will be so different they will not be an upgrade to the old ones but totally new ones instead, plus people with older phones might have issues with the new ones I am going to make in the future, for these reasons, these will not be an upgrade of the old ones but totally new ones instead with different artwork.
For those who are wondering, yes I will be making a totally new steampunk blimp live wallpaper, different from the first one (even though the topic is the same) I want to try some new ideas and layout designs for the new one, hopefully it will be please everyone :).

For those having issues with SG3 for some reason it might have to be reinstalled to get it to work (someone had an issue with this  for one of the widgets, I don't have a SG3 to work on to test this, only a SG2 which works fine, so I did a test also on SG3 through the emulator, and found sometimes it would install but not show up under apps and widgets but would show up under the settings apps list and apps preview.
And sometimes it installed fine and showed up where it should, what causes this to happen where it sometimes does not show up in the widgets menu I will look into further, but I know reinstall does the trick. also make sure you pick the size to fit the screen, remember the more icons you have on a screen the less area you have for a clock, so you might have to choose a smaller one.

Problem downloading steampunk clocks or anything else.
I noticed some people are having issues downloading steampunk clocks or if anyone else is having issues downloading any of the apps, where it aborts during downloading I found a support section from google play that might solve the issue.
The clocks are around 3 to 4 MB so it does take longer because of the artwork.
If you click on the link below it might help solve this issue for you.

Support help for downloading apps

hopefully this will solve the issues you are having.

I also found others on the net having issues as well with this when downloading apps.
Here is one answer that seemed to work for quite a few.

"from home, settings > applications > manage applications. Find the Google Play Store, tap on it and then tap on the button that says "uninstall updates".
MAKE SURE YOU ONLY CLICK ON UNINSTALL UPDATES ONLY not the whole app itself. The first time you run google play store again it may update itself again to the new store. It may of not installed correctly last time so this might help resolve the issue.

First before doing this though try what google play say in the link I gave above.
I hope this helps you out.

Sam
from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Find the Google Play Store, tap it, and tap the button "uninstall updates". The first time that you run the store, it may update to the new store again. It may be that the last update installed incorrectly.

Read more: .497 error while downloading apps from google play? - I have samsung galaxy s ii phone. off late whenever i try to download free apps from google play (android market), i get .497 error. this error usually occurs when app download is around 95%-99% complete. pls help in resolving :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/497_error_while_downloading_apps_from_google_play-qna2092159.html
from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Find the Google Play Store, tap it, and tap the button "uninstall updates". The first time that you run the store, it may update to the new store again. It may be that the last update installed incorrectly.

Read more: .497 error while downloading apps from google play? - I have samsung galaxy s ii phone. off late whenever i try to download free apps from google play (android market), i get .497 error. this error usually occurs when app download is around 95%-99% complete. pls help in resolving :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/497_error_while_downloading_apps_from_google_play-qna2092159.html
from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Find the Google Play Store, tap it, and tap the button "uninstall updates". The first time that you run the store, it may update to the new store again. It may be that the last update installed incorrectly.

Read more: .497 error while downloading apps from google play? - I have samsung galaxy s ii phone. off late whenever i try to download free apps from google play (android market), i get .497 error. this error usually occurs when app download is around 95%-99% complete. pls help in resolving :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/497_error_while_downloading_apps_from_google_play-qna2092159.html



There seems to be a problem with the Samsung Infuse 4G on the free version of the steampunk blimp city causing force close and bugs out your phone camera, although no part of the code calls for anything to do with any camera I have been looking into this to see what the issue is.
It is a very simple code for this live wallpaper and I have to look into what is causing the issue with the  Samsung Infuse 4G from what I read so far it does happen to other people with the same phone when it comes to live wallpapers (although I never seen anywhere where it mentioned the camera) Hopefully I can find a solution to this or if it is just this phone that this happens to, I have tested it on a Samsung Galaxy Ace with android 2.3 with no issues.
If anyone else has a Samsung Infuse 4G please let me know here or through my email address androidsamsstuff@gmail.com if you run into the same issues, if it does I might have block that phone from downloading the live wallpaper until I find a solution for this issue for the sake of those who try and run into the same problem. I don't want you to be frustrated trying to run a live wallpaper that will only cause you issues.
Thank you 
Sam

For the apocalypse city live wallpaper there was one force issue with the galaxy S2
I am testing this on the same phone (I have one handy to test it on) and it is to do with the jets I added, I will be testing this today as soon as the phone gets here.
I made the video on that same galaxy S2 without the jets with no issues at all and has been running on that phone ever since, so I will be updating it today on that phone with the jets added, I'll see if I get the same results.
EDIT: Ok I tested the heck out of the galaxy S2 with 2.3 on it, I purposely  tried to crash it creating a force close but to no avail, I rechecked the code again and seen no errors, it ran absolutely fine on the one I used.
If the person who had this issue wants to email me about please do so, I tried to recreate your issue and I had no issues with it on this phone.
Sam

5 comments:

  1. I can't get Apocalypse City and Steampunk Future City to run on my Nexus 7 Or Apocalypse city to run on my S3. They install fine with all the options and when I go to set wallpaper I get the black box message that " " has stopped, I can report or say ok and it closes to a blank screen.

    Any ideas on how I might get them running any work around I'd like to use them.

    Thank you much love your SP stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. There might be an issue with the newer phones for these live wallpapers, I was going to refund your money but I can't see any orders orders with your name on it, it must be under a different one, please email and let me know so I can process it for you.
    androidsamsstuff@gmail.com
    ps: there has been some issues with both these phones with the older codes I wrote for these live wallpapers.
    I will eventually be phasing these ones out, they still work good on older phones, once they become obsolete, I'll be taking these ones down and making newer live wallpapers that will work on all newer devices. Please email me
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just installed your Steampunk MDM login screens on Linux Mint - and I love them. I then installed the LinuxMintGreen theme that you did - which is a lot of fun. My only difficulty is that I can't find the wallpaper for that theme - the "old Linux wall". There is an image on the site, but the resolution is poor, so I am assuming that you once had a full resolution wallpaper image for that theme, but the link for "download wallpaper" just takes you back to the introductory screen, http://samriggs.deviantart.com/art/Linux-Mint-Old-Wall-216963034

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. click the download link at
      http://samriggs.deviantart.com/art/Linux-Mint-Old-Wall-216963034
      instead, it has three resolutions in the zip file plus two gimp files so you can change it to whatever you want.
      Don't use the main image at deviantart, it's just a screenshot.
      All files are in the downloadable zip file instead.
      Sam

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete